Ozeri Earth Pan Review

Fedora and I do a lot of cooking (and baking). As such, we combined out collective pots & pans when we moved in together. Unfortunately for me, that means a gazillions pans (when we really use 3 out of the entire collection). Unfortunately for him, that means death to his Teflon-coated pans, as I use metal cooking utensils and scrape up the pans often.
(I'm innocent of pan murder, I swear!)

Fortunately for both of us, I got a chance to review the 10" Stainless Steel Earth Pan by Ozeri, with a 100% PFOA-Free Non-Stick Coating developed in the USA.
Isn't that a mouthful?


Here are the product highlights:
PFOA (which this does NOT have) is PerFluoroOctanoic Acid, which the EPA considers a pollutant that stays in your system forever, if ingested. This is the stuff that people realized, after using coasted non-stick pans, was seeping into our food. Meep!

Ozeri's pans use ETERNA coating (their own creation), which makes them "the world's only stainless steel frying pan to achieve non-stick perfection without using PFOA" (according to their website).

According to the packaging, the pan is "made of the highest quality 18/8 stainless steel with TriPly construction, delivering the ultimate in heat conductivity for even cooking and browning without hot spots".

Very helpfully, they have a comprehensive return policy. Yay!

We used it to make eggs and egg whites, fried without oil or butter. We didn't scrape partway through, either, just let it cook straight for many minutes. And despite our efforts to burn eggs to the pan, it really is non-stick:



(I was actually able to use my thumb and middle finger nails to lift the edge of the egg white and fold it!)

So, it definitely heats evenly, and is incredibly non-stick. Yay! Now if I can just remember not to use metal utensils on it....



I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

Labels: , , ,