Death to Frizz!

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.

Anyone with curly hair can tell you that frizz absolutely kills it. Frizz causes a puffbull where ringlets ought to be.
This is your hair on frizz

Frizziness is caused by dry hair, and curls tend to be dryer than other types of hair, by default. Add to that humidity, air pollution, the shampoo/conditioner/products you use that can be even MORE drying....and you have frizz.

Most frizz-combatting products are silicon-based, so they coat the hair to keep flyaways down. Of course, that also weighs the hair down and pulls out the curl. Gah!


I was very pleasantly surprised, then, when I tried Curl Keeper from Curly Hair Solutions.
It's a water-based anti-frizz styling product...that actually works without killing my curls.

Because it's water-based, it rinses out easily, an be re-activated by scrunching with wet hands, and doesn't faint in the face of humidity.

Here's how it went down, for me:
(pre-washing)

(after finger-combing a dollop through my wet hair)

(after head banging a bit)

(mostly dry)

(holy defined curls, Batman!)


The Pros




The Cons


Overall, I definitely think it's worth the investment, as it clearly works beautifully.


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

Labels: , , ,