Musical Monday: Copper

Musical Mondays at My So-Called Chaos

It's no secret that I'm kind of a nut for a lot of British TV. Well, I have yet another obsession to put on the list: Copper.

It's set in the 1860's, New York City. The Civil War rages on, race riots are just a breath away, and everyone hates the Irish immigrants. Kevin "Corky" Cochran is a returned Union soldier-cum-detective with a dogged thirst for the truth and somewhat grey morals.

Anyway, I love it. It's complex, with the best of both a cop drama and a historical. AND the music is fantastic. Here's the intro tune, which is gritty and reeling as the show, and has been stuck in my head all weekend.




Muchas gracias to my local library for stocking season 1 on DVD, so that my broke, TV-less self could drool over Francis this show. I <3 my library.

Labels: , ,