Pure MCT Oil from Coconuts

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.

I love coconut oil.
I use it on my face, as a moisturizer (I have very dry skin), I cook with it (usually in place of olive oil, as it's better with high heat), and I have been known to nibble a tiny amount randomly.

Why? Why is coconut oil so awesome?
MCTs (Medium Chain Triglycerides).

These fats are more easily and rapidly digested by the body, which means they don't get stored in the body as an energy source (or, as I like to call it, a muffin top).
Unlike other fats (even ones in cooking oil!), MCT doesn't require massive amounts of enzymes and bile acids to break down/absorb into the body, so your body is expending fewer calories in the processing of it. That means more energy, more efficient digestion, and a happier tummy and liver.


University-based tests have shown that substituting cooking oil, salad oil, oil called for in sauces/soups/etc with coconut oil/MCT oil results in a better body composition.
I can tell you from my experience that a small amount of coconut oil on my dry skin once a day gives me a healthy glow, keeps my skin happier, and has reduced my large pores and redness drastically.

And the top of the MCT product foodchain is Elite Gold's MCT Oil. It's 100% from coconut and palm kernel oil, but completely flavorless and colorless. I actually consumed a teaspoon of it, straight, to check on that whole flavorless thing. It's viscous, but otherwise like water.


Their recommended usage is 1-3 ounces of MCT Oil each day, in place of olive oil, safflower oil, canola oil, etc.

Elite Gold MCT Oil is also make in the USA (yay!) and has no binders, fillers, additives, or artificial ingredients. I've used it in sauteing (it has a high smoke point, thankfully), baking, and emulsions (making homemade salad dressing). It's become my go-to oil for all of our cooking.

I definitely recommend coconut oil, and Elite Gold brand, for all of your oil needs!


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

Labels: , , , , ,