Hask Keratine and Argan Oil Hair Treatments

Having naturally curly hair, and naturally dry skin, I am always on a quest to keep my hair moisturized enough to be healthy, shiny, and frizz-free. So I jumped at the chance to try several Hask hair products.

 

Hask is known for restoring life and strength to damaged hair, so I was pretty sure their products would do the trick.

Argan oil is used to soften, strengthen, and moisturize hair, & tame flyaways and frizz.
Keratin revives, restores, strengthens and de-frizzes hair as well.
I received their shampoo and conditioner for both lines, as well as styling oil, two twistbands, and a shower caddy. Fab!

First up I tried the Argan oil shampoo, conditioner, and finishing oil.
Smell: Orange/Grapefruit
Lather: Yes, despite the fact that these are advertised as sulfate-free, alcohol-free, etc, the shampoo lathered immediately and strongly.
End Result: The shampoo definitely cleaned my hair, the conditioner left it feeling smooth, as did the oil.
(post-Argan products)


Then I tried the Keratin shampoo, conditioner, and finishing oil.
Smell: Coconut/Aloe-esque
Lather: Yes, again, and I'm not sure how.
End Result: This left my hair super-soft, but seemed to lengthen my curls so that they looked more wavy than curly.
(post-Keratin products)


In all, I liked the Argan products better, for how they treated my curls, but both were effective. The fact that they lathered without sulfates or alcohol baffles me (and makes me suspicious), and I wish they didn't contain perfume, but otherwise they're great! I also like that I can use the oils effectively even when I haven't used the shampoo/conditioner.

Definitely a great value!


I received these free samples courtesy of BrandBacker, in exchange for my honest review.

Labels: ,