Majestical Jewelry Product Review

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.

As a lover of color, I am a lover of jewelry and I wear it every day (rings and earrings primarily, sometimes necklaces).


So when Tomoson offered to let me review Majestical Jewelry, I accepted. The photos of their necklaces look gorgeous, and they describe themselves as "a high fashion online only jewelry store specializing in handmade jewelry and statement pieces."

They go on to say they'll take a look at my blog and pick a piece from their collection that matches me.


Majestical jewelry, I feel insulted.

They sent me a pair of old-lady 1980's-style plastic hoop earrings.


The 'brushed gold' part is metal (and heavy) & scratched up (is this supposed to look antique? It just looks old and pre-used). The mottled brown circles are plastic.

They clunk a bit, and have this odd hole bored in them (which makes me think they were salvaged off another pair of earrings).

They are too heavy for me to wear (look at how they pull my earlobe! I hate that).


 
The posts are bent (and they were shipped to me on an earring card, in a box, so I doubt that happened in transit).


I am flabbergasted that they call this high-end jewelry. This is a pair I'd expect to find in a Goodwill, and pay less than $5 for.
I know there's a fine line between statement jewelry and too clunky to wear, but this pair is just cheap costume jewelry.

And I can't see how anyone can look at my blog and think "mottled brown plastic", or look at any picture of my face and think wide hoops (you see my double chin and barely-existent jawline, right?). So I assume they lied about that, and sent bloggers whatever they had lying around.


Save your money and avoid Majestical Jewelry, whose pieces are suspect in quality and WAY overpriced.


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

Labels: ,