Almagreta Resume Template Review

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.

After 16 months of job hunting and getting nowhere, I was ready to try something different with my resume.

Almagreta Resume Templates offers 5 different templates for resumes, for use with Microsoft Word. These are: Minimalist Silver (recommended for upper-level-management seekers), Professional Blue (recommended for programmers and web designers), Fresh Green (recommended for marketing professionals), Striking Orange (recommended for PR professionals), and Stylish Black (recommended for photographers and graphic designers).


It was easy to download all the templates, via their website, and then pick which one I wanted. Minimalist Silver most closely resembles other Word resume templates I've used, so I steered clear of it. The other 4 resemble landing pages, or portfolio designs.

I went with the green, as it struck me as the prettiest and most organic. As a copywriter, I didn't want the style to outshine my experience!


It was easy to fill in the blanks, with pre-written instruction in the template itself. The only hiccup I experienced is that it instructs to "click on the plus sign" to add more experience, education, etc. But I saw no plus sign to click on. So I just copied, pasted, and changed the details (as per usual in Word).


I liked that they had a profile and skills section, but the objective section was redundant (these days, profile and skills replaces objective in resumes), and there was to prompt in the contact information for a LinkedIn profile or portfolio URL. So I made one.


My only other criticism is that it splits job experience duties between the pages, instead of keeping each experience together as a chunk. This puts an awkward space in, especially with the page title, and makes it more difficult to reference when printed.


Are you a job-seeker? Would you like to WIN a copy of Almagreta Resume templates for yourself? Enter below!

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

Labels: , ,