Red Leaf Tea White Matcha Review

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.


I like tea. I haven't tried much white tea, because it's so delicate (read: expensive), so I was eager to try Red Leaf's new White Matcha. You may recall that I love Red Leaf Tea products.


Wait, white matcha?! Isn't matcha a method of making green tea??
Yep.
They use the same technique, but with white tea leaves instead of green.
This way, the full flavor of the white tea comes through.
Madness!


And brilliant.
White tea benefits include: high level of antioxidants, reduces risk of certain cancers, decreases fine lines/wrinkles, helps maintain a healthy complexion, is virtually caffeine-free (it contains 1% of the caffeine you'd get in coffee).


And the taste?
Very delicate, but a full-mouth feel. I'd say it's more comforting than flavorful, with a slight earthy/nutty undertone.

Do be sure not to put too much in a cup, or it becomes a muddy mess! I found 1/2 tsp per cup of boiling water was a good balance.


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

Labels: , , ,