Liebster Award Silliness

Liebster Award for Printcess & Living a Goddess Life

Thanks to Miss Angie from My So-Called Chaos for the nomination!

What is the best piece of advice you ever received?
"None of us make it out of this alive", courtesy of my dad. A bit bleak, but anytime I start getting super stressed about work, or where my life is compared to where I expected it to be, or my health issues, I remind myself not to take life so seriously with that.


How do you feel about love at first sight?  Why do you feel that way?
I think it's bullshit. Attraction, yes. Lust, yes. Curiosity, yes. Chemistry, yes. But love requires time- end of story. You have to get to know the person, how they act and react to the world around them, how they treat you and themselves, etc etc etc for love to develop. 

I've felt this way for as long as I can remember, honestly. I'm very analytical, and my entire life I've asked the world around me "what is love?" and paid very, very close attention to the answers. And they all point to anything being "at first sight" as more the sign of a drama-addict romantic than any true, lasting, deep love.
(trick question! She doesn't even know you AND you've been deceiving her)


What is one job you'd give anything to have? (Your dream job?)
Studying the vocal patterns and social behaviors of the wild orca whales in the Pacific Northwest. I've moved a few times to pursue this dream, gone to school twice for it, questioned everything I thought I needed in life to pursue it. As it turns out, I will never, ever be able to do this. But if we're talking dreams....that's been my dream career since I was pre-puberty.


Have you ever wanted an exotic pet?  If so, what?
I'm pretty keen to get a pair of alpaca right now, but when I was a kid I wanted a white lion SO badly. I blame Jim Henson's Storyteller.


What is your favorite quote?
In other words, focus on how you can be the best, truest you- let go of worry over the future, regret over the past, and all of those things that you must accept are out of your control.


What is the biggest thing you geek about about? (It doesn't have to be geeky)
It really depends on who I'm geeking out with....generally, history (especially the Regency era), Joss Whedon stuff, Doctor Who, Orphan Black, historical costuming, Downton Abbey, certain books, certain fabrics, colors, Game of Thrones, Shakespeare, ORCA WHALES....I geek out a lot.


Are you hip with the latest trends?  What is one trend you'd like to see go away?
AHAHAHAHAA! I am so not-hip I'm an ankle! 
In terms of marketing trends, I'd like to see gender-division marketing die a horrible, permanent death. Girls don't need pink LEGOs to understand or get excited about physics, and boys don't need every toy to make engine revving noises to feel engaged enough to play.
(that's France, doing it right!)


If you could go back to school, what would you get a degree in?  Why?
Hrm....assuming everything else was totally cool, time-wise, health-wise, and money-wise, I'd like to study historical dancing. Or maybe the history of food. Or garb. Something to do with history, and dancing, food, or clothing. Because the excuses that would provide would be FANTASTIC.


What is the very first thing you would do if you won the lottery?
Disbelieve. How sad is that? I'd need some solid convincing that it wasn't a cruel hoax, before any spending of money occurred.

But then, I'd put as much as I possibly could into my retirement 401K, pay off all my debts, sock some away to gain interest in a credit union (from which I can pay the massive taxes on those winnings), buy a great piece of property and have a custom-designed tiny house/cottage built on it, get weekly massages until the migraines stop for good, and truly plan all those vacations Fedora and I keep talking about.


What celebrity do you think should be your BFF?  Who would you get along with?
Jennifer Lawrence. Isn't that everybody's answer? She seems very approachable and down-to-earth, as well as talented, funny, and self-aware. 


What in this life are you most inspired by and why?
Little moments, outside in nature. The way I'll suddenly notice something- a sound, or color, or the way the light falls, or a scent, or the sound of someone far away- it's like divinity is rewarding me for paying attention with a unique little space in time to experience something nobody else does. Those things bolster my heart throughout the day and week.


I nominate all of you, because you all rock and I love your faces.
And who am I to pick and choose which among you should have the fun of making a personal meme?
My 11 questions to you:
1) If you could have one superpower, what would it be and why?
2) What is your best physical feature?
3) What is your best personality feature?
4) What fictional character do you most relate to and why?
5&6) If your entire life was one song, what would be the title, what genre of music would it be, and who would perform it?
7) What's the most beautiful place you've ever been to?
8) What's your favorite scent?
9) What element are you most like? (Earth, Fire, Water, Air, Metal, Wood)
10) If you could pick your own name, what would it be and why?
11) You get to be a new character in your favorite TV show- what would you bring to the story? How would you as a character change things?

Labels: , ,