Humpday Confessions: Blates and Audiobooks

Vodka and Soda

These are so loooong overdue, but I finally got the photos off my phone.

I confess...
I really enjoyed meeting Aubrey from High-Heeled Love in person. She's so clever, and amazingly conversational in the morning, plus a total spitfire (yay!). I only wish my health held up enough to see her twice while she was in town (on a side note: seeing a naturopath on Tues, as my body is falling to pieces more rapidly than ever before).

Also, as you can see, it was super sunshiney bright (at 9am) and so we're a bit squinty.





I confess...
I'm always up for a BOOK CHALLENGE! (*cue danger music*)
2014 Audiobook Challenge

In typical Beth fashion, I stumbled upon The Book Nympho and Hot Listen's 2014 Audiobook Challenge halfway through the frakkin' year.


I discovered the joy of audiobooks only recently, as the concept always seemed bizarre to me. But audiobooks can be just as engulfing as the paper (or e-book) version. Sometimes more so, as it's a bit like having your favorite parent read to you- they do the voices and everything! 
(some companies do ridiculously cheesy chunks of music in it as well, which I hate with the fiery burning passion of a thousand undying suns)

*ahem*
Anyway. Listening to an audiobook on my commute, while doing the dishes, while mixing Printcess colors...it's fantastic and I love it. So this challenge is perfect!

My goal is to reach Binge Listener (20-30 audiobooks this year)

In January
The Golem and the Jinni
The Diviners
The Song of Achilles
Starters
If I Stay

In February
Venetia Kelly's Traveling Show

In March
The Tenth Gift
Blood and Beauty
The Doctor's Wife
Cybele's Secret
Crewel

In April
Speak
The Snowman
Arclight
East

In May
I Shall Wear Midnight
Alanna: the first adventure

In June
Avalon High
The Coldest Girl in Coldtown
A Brief History of Montmaray
A Mad, Wicked Folly

In July
Beautiful Creatures (in progress)

Labels: , ,