Uncorked Ventures Wine Club Review

Okay, this post is for my fellow winos out there, or good friends of wine fans. Because today, I am reviewing Uncorked Ventures Wine Club.


For those of you unfamiliar with the concept, a wine club is a subscription service that sends you monthly amounts of wine. In this case, it's all wine rates at 90+ points (by professional wine critics), hand-selected by this family-owned and operated startup outside of San Francisco.


All of their wines come from California, Oregon, and Washington, from small and boutique wineries. This means you can try something new (to you), limited batch, and possibly impossible for you to get normally. Everybody loves scarcity- but also, it makes for a great gift for even the most hard-core wine lover in your life.

(good packaging- even my jackass mailman couldn't break these babies!)


As a wine club member, you get:


Practicality-wise, I love that you can choose 1 red & 1 white, 2 whites, or (my choice, natch) 2 reds.
And at $40/month (for the Explorations level), it's less expensive than if you bought these wines individually!



Easton Wines H House Red is a very mellow, goes-with-anything red. It's not to my taste, because I like my reds bold and flavorful, but if you like Merlot this is a good one for you. You could easily drink multiple glasses because of the thin body (no legs) and full-palate soft flavor. Very general, good for people who don't usually drink red wine.



Fore Family Vineyards GSM is the standout wine for me. It's got a nice berry/cherry chewiness and some smokey flavors that made me think "this is a wine for red meat!" It definitely lingered in the best possible way, making it my favorite of the two.


Have you ever belonged to a wine club? Would you join one?



I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

Labels: , ,