Would You Rather (the bookish edition)

Thanks to The Book Rat for this fun Would You Rather book edition! Play along, if you dare! 

THE QUESTIONS:
Would you rather...
1. Read only trilogies or stand alones?
Stand Alones. I love when a book is good enough to warrant seconds and thirds, but lately it seems like every story (especially in YA) is published as a trilogy, even when it's obvious there isn't enough plot for three books. Publishers, we see through this ploy. Knock it off, already.


2. Read only female or male authors?
Oh. Hrm. Oh, that's tough. Half of my favorite authors are male, half are female.
Crap. Um.
Female. For no logical reason.


3. Shop at Barnes & Noble or Amazon?
Amazon. I used to work at B&N, and a dear friend of mine was screwed out of thousands, working for them with their shady employment practices (we're talking lawsuit and everything). I will NEVER support Barnes & Noble. Ever.


4. All books become movies or t.v. shows?
T.V. Shows. At least that gives enough space for the book highlights to happen, instead of cutting out the best scenes for lack of audience attention span. Of course, the T.V. shows generally warp the plot eventually, but for Dexter the T.V. show was MUCH better than the books. And hello- Game of Thrones!


5. Read 5 pages per day or 5 books per week?
5 books per week. I'd get through my TBR pile so much faster! And apparently I wouldn't be working or sleeping or anything. Worth it!


6. Be a professional reviewer or author?
Reviewer. I authored 7 full-length novels, published 2 comic books, and been an award-winning poet. I loved writing, but burned out on it. And being a professional author doesn't mean it's your only full-time job. For most people, it's a 20 hour/week job on top of your 40 hour/week job- I just don't have the energy for that. But reading and critiquing books? I do that already, so getting paid for it would be awesome.


7. Only read your top 20 favorite books over and over or always read new ones that you haven't read before?
Always read new ones I haven't read before. I rarely re-read favorites (once a year or three) so that wouldn't be a loss.


8. Be a librarian or book seller?
Oh, librarian all the way. Instilling in people a love of literature and language, not having to worry that the failing economy means I'd have to close my doors....I'm all for it! 


9. Only read your favorite genre, or every genre except your favorite?
Another tough one! I get sick of too much of anything, but I have more than 1 favorite genre. I think there are fantastic books in every genre, so probably every genre except my favorite.


10. Only read physical books or eBooks?
Physical books. That's what I do now (no e-reader) so that'd be fine.

Labels: , ,