Foster Farms Easy Chicken Casserole Recipe


As part of their Amazing Chicken campaign, Foster Farms sent me a bag of Crispy Strips Chicken to try. You guys know, with all of my health issues, I only eat all-natural, filler-free meats. Foster Farms chicken is guaranteed free of hormones and steroids, plus these frozen tidbits are fully cooked, breaded and seasoned- just pop 'em in the oven and DONE. They're the solution to an unexpected late day at the office!


As you also know, I'm on the Nothing Tasty Every Again diet right now (aka low-histamine), so I can't EAT breaded things. But every other Thursday I play D&D with a group of friends (yes, I'm a geek) and I love being able to make tasty consumables for them.


I was in a harried rush to throw together something that would feed 7 people, and inadvertently made something delicious with these babies, so I wanted to share the recipe with you.



1) Take two bags of Foster Farms Crispy Chicken Strips, let them thaw, and slice them into nugget sizes.


2) Put them in an 11" x 13" casserole dish. If you're feeling healthy, toss in strips of sliced onion, bell pepper, and shredded kale or cabbage.



3) Mix together a jar of spaghetti sauce (I prefer Trader Joe's marinara sauce) and 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup.


4) Slop that mix over the chicken, as evenly as you can.



5) Top with shredded cheese (I used mozzarella for the melt factor).


6) Cover with foil and bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes, then pull foil off and bake for an additional 5 minutes.

The result is a quick-and-easy casserole that's a great mix of moist and flavorful, without being soupy. It was universally loved and a nice, filling option for a cold night.
(Fedora recommends topping it with Sriracha. Of course.)


Enjoy!

Labels: , ,