7 Deadly Book Sins


Thanks to Kenzie at Chasing my Extraordinary for this fun bookish meme! Play along, if you like.

What is your most inexpensive book?
What is your most expensive book?
Quest for a Maid, which I borrowed from a friend 20 years ago, and The Hunger Games boxed set, which I bought on vacation because I finished Book 1 and OMGNEEDEDBOOKTWO (respectively).


What author do you have a love/hate relationship with?
J.R.R. Tolkien. I love the broad landscape of his stories, but the narrative sometimes drives me batty. And The Silmarillion was a painful one to force myself through.


What book have you devoured over and over again without shame?
Jane Eyre. About my only constant re-read.


What book have you neglected to read out of laziness?
Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell. The size intimidated me, and after six years I finally just gave my copy away.


What book do you talk about most in order to sound intellectual?
Anything by William Shakespeare (or attributed to him, since I think it was the Edward de Vere who authored those plays and sonnets...but that's a post for another time). I truly love Shakespeare, but I do get snobbish on him, too.


What attributes do you find most attractive in male and female characters?
Sense of humor, an adherence to compassion even if it flies in the face of their society/upbringing, a thirst for destiny, a proactive warrior nature, and honesty with themselves.


What book would you most like to receive as a gift?
Pshaw, like I could pick just one.
Okay, at random, I would say Tear You Apart by Sarah Cross, because I loved her world-building in Kill Me Softly and want more.

Labels: , ,