Randomness in Quiz Form

I realize that when all of the posts I make are book reviews, product reviews, and makeup tips, you don't get a good sense of me. I think I do this because, truly, I talk about myself all the time. I have a bad habit of trying to relate to everything, which usually ends up sounding like I'm trying to one-up somebody. So in that fine, self-focused way, here's a blogmopolitan-esque quiz meme thingy, courtesy of Chasing my Extraordinary and Two Thirds Hazel:


1. Something you will…
…refuse to do for the rest of your life:  take people for granted.



…always do forever:  evaluate my priorities and act accordingly.








2. Something you think is…
…certifiably disgusting:  fondant.




…absolutely amazing:  love.









3. A compliment you’ve been given that’s made you…
…feel on top of the world:  "you look so sexy when you read" (seriously, Fedora wins)
…pretty upset:  “you're not as pretty as [my friend], but you seem pretty cool". Well thanks, douchecanoe.



4. A name you…
…hate:  I don't hate any names, but I roll my eyes at the "let's be clever by taking a modern, 'normal' name and making it impossible to spell for our little kid".


…love:  Liam, Owen, Westerly, Brenna, Branwyn, Tristan, North, D'artanian (I grew out of this one eventually), Atrayu (this, too, thankfully), Leigh, Rowan.




5. Something people say about you that you…
…know is entirely false:  that I'm nosy because of a character flaw. Not true- I know I come across as nosy but it's because my natural state in a place where I interact with the same dozen people every day (like word) is to know the lay of the land so that, when bad things are on the horizon, I can mitigate the damage as much as possible, and be agile enough to change and (if possible) protect them. It's not a power trip, it's an inherent, constant desire to make other people happy.

…think is on point:  that I'm a know-it-all. I always have been. Not because I want to lord over others (though I DO love attention), but because I'm curious about everything, and I was raised to research something if I didn't know it.







6. A taste you…

…can’t stand:  Bivalves. Oysters, clams, mussels...way, way too briny for me.


…can’t get enough of:  Dark chocolate. Good coffee. Homemade Chai. Fresh sushi. Fedora.





7. A song you always…
…turn off immediately:  Almost everything on the radio. Clear channel and the other megacorps that own the airwaves have horrible taste in commercial music.


…belt out the lyrics to:  Broadway musicals, especially Into the Woods and Wicked, and Salt 'n' Peppa songs from the early 90's.







8. An animal you…
…fear:  Scorpions and sharks.


…need in your life right this instant: Orca whales. If I could watch them progress past my house, close enough to hear and see them every month, my soul would be full.





9. Something you…
…will never eat:  anything still alive and moving.




…would eat for every meal if you were given the chance:  good sushi.











10. To enhance your looks you…
…would love to, but probably never resort to:  plastic surgery- reshape my nose, give me a boob lift, and make my chin look like a chin (not a turkey waddle).
…just stick to:  homemade eye shadow, mascara, and hydrating my curly hair.









In other news, the lovely Akaleister of Happy. Pretty. Sweet. nominated me for the Very Inspirational Blogger award. 
The only thing inspiring me lately is Fedora. Honestly, I'm too exhausted to be inspired. I admire others' creativity, and am ashamed of my own failure to produce such (with nails, with noveling, with cooking). But Fedora's patience with me when I'm all invalid like this inspires me to be a nicer person.

I can't in good conscience nominate 15 bloggers. That's just too many- that's a frakking chain letter is what that is. But since I DO find a handful of bloggers insanely inspiring (stop it, you're making me want to do more things!), I'm nominating these gals:
Miss Angie from My So-Called Chaos
Kenzie from Chasing My Extraordinary
Misty from The Book Rat
Jennie from Jennie Shaw
Karen from A Peek at Karen's World
The Rules:
1. Thank the person who nominated you, and link to their blog.
2. Display the award logo.
3. Nominate 15 other bloggers (more or less) and provide a link where they may be found.
4. Go to their blog, leave a comment to let them know they have been nominated.
5. Mention three things that inspired you the most during the past few weeks.

Labels: ,