Taylor Swift 1989-Inspired Ask Me Anything Tag


This is over a month overdue (thanks, life), but I was inspired by Chasing My Extraordinary to partake in this lovely little blog quiz. I never considered myself a Taylor Swift fan, until this album came out. Now I find myself humming along to belting out many of its songs.

01. Welcome to New York.  If you could live in any city, which would it be and why?  
Probably Edinburgh, Scotland. I've only been there once, but it was the best blend of city and OMGAMAZING. Plus, from there I can more easily explore Europe on jaunts.

02. Blank Space.  What is something that everyone thinks is true about you but is actually false? 
That I know what I'm doing. I've got a natural ability to fake it 'till I make it, in many things.

03. Style.  What is one item in you closet that makes you feel unstoppable?  
Every woman is supposed to have something, clothing-wise, that boosts her confidence, I'm told. I don't. I have zero connection to any piece in my closet. My costumes used to make me feel unstoppable, but that's no longer the case (I don't know why- my passion for them petered out years ago).

04. Out of the Woods.  What is one thing you’re afraid of?  
Being a burden. On loved ones, on coworkers, on the planet.

05. All You Had to do Was Stay.  Who is someone you wish was still in your life?  
My best friend, Staci. Whom I suppose I shouldn't call my best friend anymore, since she started ignoring me over a year ago.

06. Shake It Off.  What is something you have had to shake off?  
People who try to box me in through their expectations of who and what I am.

07. I Wish You Would.  What is something you’d like to happen right now?  
To find, and buy, the perfect house for us. So much of the rest of my life is waiting on that to be done.

08. Bad Blood.  Have you ever had someone stab you in the back? 
Yep. Who hasn't? It's a heartbreaking, but necessary, part of navigating life.

09. Wildest Dreams.  What would you like to be remembered for?  
Making people laugh, smile, or just be happy.

10. How You Get The Girl.  What is your favorite pick-up line?  
Hi.
(I crack myself up. But this has worked at getting my attention more than any cheesy pickup line ever did. Especially when the guy was smiling and seemed genuinely interested. What? I like attention!)

11. This Love.  What is something you got back that you thought you never would?  
My dignity. Someday you'll hear the story of how it was stolen from me when I was in my twenties. On second thought, that's not a good story. Let's skip it.

12. I Know Places.  Where is one place you always feel safe?  
In Fedora's arms. 

13. Clean.  What is an important lesson you have learned in life, and how did you learn it?  
If you live for everybody else, you won't have anything left of yourself. I learned it by subconsciously being everything everyone around me expected me to be: I was the straight-A student my parents expected, the prude my conservative friends expected, the party girl by wild friends expected, and on and on. And in the end, I was exhausted, and utterly confused about my own personality. Who was I, when I was alone? It took a decade for me to figure that out. And frankly, if I'm not paying attention, trying to meet everyone's expectations is a nasty habit I slip back into.

Labels: