I'm a garden junkie.
I mean, I hatehatehate weeding, but I love harvesting produce after work each day, eating the tastiest, ripest, juiciest veg and fruits.
Here in Seattle, our "the garden gets enough sun to thrive" times are July 5th-September 1st.
(Yes, it's that precise. Ask a local.)
That means the first 2 months or so of seed-starting-season are too overcast and cold to grow anything outside.
You can protect seedlings from the cold by starting them indoors, but they need artificial sunlight to encourage them to grow strong.
This is why I love this GrowHobby's LED Grow Light:
- It only uses 12 watts (so it's cheap even though you may be leaving it on for 6 hours/day)
- It's LED, so it doesn't heat up (so it doesn't burn the seedlings, or your hands)
- It doesn't require heat sinks or ballasts or fans, because it doesn't heat up
- It's as easy to operate as any lightbulb...just screw it in to any socket!
- The company is dedicated to encouraging classrooms to grow plants (I learned gardening at my mom's knee, so I'm all for this)
- It's not a boring ol' bulb color...it's PURPLE!
Want to win a grow light of your own?
(they're giving one away on their website)
*I received this product from Tomoson in exchange for my honest review.
Labels: garden, giveaways, LED, product review, seedlings