Morning Pep Almond Flour Review


In my endless quest for good health, I'm trying to cut down on the wheat flour. Although I'm not gluten intolerant, wheat (or an allergic reaction to Roundup, depending on who you talk to) can cause inflammation, which initiates a stress response. And genetic testing has informed me that my body just can't deal with stress (that's a post for another day).

Morning Pep's almond flour is made with skinless almonds that have been blanched and finely ground, so the consistency is mostly like wheat flour but it's:

FULL DISCLOSURE:
I was gonna post a great waffle recipe. But it turns out almond flour is a bit dense, and does not act (chemically) like wheat flour. So given I'm low on time with the move and all, and the waffle recipe I tried with this failed miserably, here are some recipes by experts that use almond flour:
Gluten-Free Lemon Almond Cake
Almond Cookies
Almond Flour Muffins
Fig Almond Flour Crackers

Labels: ,