Top 10 Tuesday: Ten Books I'd Love To See As Movies or TV Shows


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature blog hop hosted by The Broke & The Bookish.
This week, I'm participating because in a perfect world my blog would be 50% Printcess and makeup tips, and 50% everything books.
I'm getting there. Just give me time.

This week's prompt?
Top Ten Books I'd Love To See As Movies/Tv Shows

Y: The Last Man (the entire series). 
It'd be a Brit-style TV series designed to only run for a few seasons. And it'd be epic. And sad. And hilarious.


Esperanza Rising, by Pam Muñoz Ryan. 
#WeNeedDiversity even though this one isn't paced to be a movie.


The Deverry series, by Katharine Kerr, 
done as a multi-season TV show. 
With the reincarnation, it'd be a bit like American Horror Story (new plot every season) and a bit like GoT (without the rapey death bits).


The Chaos Walking trilogy, by Patrick Ness
Actually, anything by Patrick Ness. But these feels I'd totally relive as a TV series.


The Tenth Gift, by Jane Johnson
as a mini-series epic historical/modern romance. 
Very Merchant Ivory, to air when Outlander is in hiatus.


The Forest of Hands and Teeth, by Carrie Ryan
I think it'd make an excellent movie. #BringZombiesBack


Dark Places, by Gillian Flynn
done as a TV show in the style of Broadchurch.


Kill me Softly, by Sarah Cross
It'd be on the WB, but it'd be everyone's guilty pleasure.


Not a Drop to Drink, by Mindy McGinnis
done as a miniseries or a movie, so long as they could capture the whole survival-awesome of it.


Cinnamon & Gunpower, by Eli Brown
#BringPiratesBack



*There are books that I adore and would hate to see movies or shows of, because there's no way a visual narrative could do it justice. Just, don't. (for an example, see The Golden Compass. Actually, don't see it, just read it, and then trust me when I say the book is a very pale imitation of a 1980's photocopy of the plot).




Labels: , , ,