June Goals Recap
(a.k.a. OH MY GODS I survived the move!)
Paint the new house<---SUCCESS! And if you're wondering...that's a VERY exhausting chore.
Move into the new house<---SUCCESS! Which is good, because there wasn't an alternative.
Celebrate Father's Day somehow<---SUCCESS! Visited Fedora's grandpa, and made plans with my dad for the summer.
Unpack as much as humanly possible<---SUCCESS! And yet, still not fully unpacked. *weeps*
Prep for July con- GARB! PANELS!<---SUCCESS! I had to force myself to do it, but I did it. Yay!
- Transplant succulents (screw the bulbs, I'll just buy more)<---FAIL! I waited too long, and they're dead. :(
- Detail the planting plan, including timeline for building raised veg beds and compost bin<---FAIL! I keep trying, but I need the time/focus/energy to detail it out :(
Hack/kill the ivy & blackberry bushes taking over the back fence<---SUCCESS! I hired a landscape maintenance company to fix all the things.
Get the wood rot in the subflooring fixed<---SUCCESS! I hired a handyman. I'm too old for messing around with this stuff. ;)
Fix the screening in the attic<---SUCCESS! See above.
Fix the vents in the crawlspace<---SUCCESS! See above.
Shop-vac the room vents<---SUCCESS! See above.
Clean the rental house top to bottom, and get our frakking deposit back<---SUCCESS! I hired Molly Maids to do a deep clean. June was the month of massive spending.
Brainstorm doing a monthly blog life recap feature (what do you think? Is watching the random more fun than reading it?)<---SUCCESS? I have ideas and I think I just need to go for them and see if I fall on my face or not.
- Post a series of Beauty & the Beast-related goodies (tutorials, etc) the week I'll be at the convention
- Host a Printcess giveaway (my excuse to mine your cunning brains)
- Have a great time at the Beauty and the Beast convention in Calgary, Canada (figured I'd give myself an easy one)
- Go to Fedora's grandparents' 4th of July BBQ, take patriotic Rice Krispie treats, don't get stung/bit by bugs this time
- Unpack and settle into the new house (figured I'd give myself a challenging one)
- Stay on top of the yard maintenance!!!
- Go to yard sales for some needed space solutions (especially a pallet/coat rack mug display, wet bar, etc.)
- Look into buying two kayaks
- Check out that Covington sushi place
- Participate in more swaps, to get me motivated to make more things (including the Local Flavor Swap!)
Labels: july, monthly goals