The Oak Table Cafe in Sequim, WA


For as much as I love food, I figure I ought to alert you to delicious eateries that Fedora and I happen across.
If you live in western WA, or you'll be vacationing around there someday, I recommend eating brunch a The Oak Table Cafe in Sequim. That's on the peninsula, so you might as well go to Hurricane Ridge, the Hoh rainforest, etc.
It's basically all gorgeous.
And then there's the tasty.

We stopped here last weekend, on the way home from his grandparent's house. I was starving, and this place was highly rated on Yelp, so off we went.
It's a rustic Mom & Pop place that's been open for decades and has a huge following...and it's easy to see why.

This is the Apple Pancake, on of their specialties. It's basically a turnover/popover/German pancake, with stewed apples inside and a cinnamon sugar crust caramelized on the outside, served with homemade cinnamon apple syrup.
It was (happily) not too sweet (very eggy/custardy), unless I applied the syrup.
It was also larger than my entire head.

Fedora got the Eggs Nicole, which was scrambled eggs with spinach, mushrooms, onions and Swiss cheese, piled on a croissant and smothered in homemade Hollandaise sauce. Plus three potato pancakes.
He all but licked the plate.


He swears he saw it breathing!

Fedora, pancake-slayer.

Other than delicious food, I was impressed with their service. The place was hopping, but we were seated within 10 minutes. Our server had a great sense of humor and answered all our menu questions. She also warned me on what to expect with my Apple Pancake (size, and the fact that it'd take 17 minutes to bake- worth the wait!)
The coffee was flowing- my cup never ran dry (bless you, coffee girl) and it was tasty- from a local roaster, which is a bonus in my book.


Not pictured are our two sides of bacon (4 thick slices each) because I needed to have some protein.

In all, it was about $50 (two coffees, two sides of bacon, two brunch specialty dishes) and 100% worth it. That pancake made three meals for me, and we will definitely be going back when we have the chance.


*I wasn't sponsored in any way. This restaurant doesn't even know I'm writing this. I just try to pass along good insider info to you when I can. And it gives me another excuse to have brunch!

Labels: , , , ,