Friday Confessional

FRIDAY CONFESSIONAL at HIGH-HEELED LOVE

I confess...
My fiance and my doctor think I'm going through early menopause. I laughed when Fedora said it, but almost cried when my doc did. But then, that's nothing new- for over a month now I've almost cried (or actually cried) at everything. Trying not to cry has, itself, been exhausting.
(and now that I've freaked out the Wholigans in the audience...)


I confess...
I get a hormone panel blood draw next week. I'd love for it to clearly say "yes, this thing is happening" (whatever that might be) so I can have a plan to get back to a normal, adult level of coping.


I confess...
If I were a betting woman, I'd place my money on "test results will show you are 100% normal and healthy" because every blood test I've had (with the exception of the EBV test) has come up that way. Even when there's physical evidence to the contrary.
But also, I doubt I'm going through menopause because I'm still an ice cube most of the time.



I confess...
If this emotional roller coaster IS menopause, then it's horrible and I hate it. It'd be one thing if it just made me more of a marshmallow. But the fact that crying causes migraines for me, and my swings include impotent rage (usually at myself)...it's like being a teenager all over again, only having to pretend to the world that I'm frakkin' Mary Poppins.


I confess...
I don't want to end this Friday Confessional on a note that inspires pity, so:
(I love Eric Nally! And all the cameos...and all filmed in Spokane!)

Labels: