Savory cookies? Cheese and jam?
1 c. flour
1 c. pimiento cheese
1/4 c. almond flour (or 1/2 c. finely chopped pecans)
1/4 c. butter, softened
Jam/jelly/preserves (any flavor you like)
1. Beat together flour and pimiento cheese at medium speed for a minute.
2. Add almond flour (or finely chopped pecans) and butter, beat until well blended.
3. Chill for 2 hours (or put in the freezer for 20 minutes).
4. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
5. Roll out dough on a well-floured surface, to 1/8" thickness.
6. Using a circular or shaped cookie cutter (about 2" in diameter), cut out an even number of cookies.
7. Place on a greased cookie sheet, leaving some space (they don't spread much when baking).
8. Place 1/2 tsp of jam in the center of each cookie.
9. Place a cookie atop each, gently pressing the edges to seal (so each cookie is a little sandwich with jam in between the top and bottom).
10. Bake at 400 degrees for 12-15 minutes.
11. Cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool for 30 minutes.
(seriously, these are DELICIOUS)
Labels: cheese, cookies, recipe