2015 End of the Year Book Survey!


Maybe this would be more appropriately placed on Page à Vu, but heck, I did this last year so let's just go with it.

All of the books I read in 2015 are fair game, regardless of publication date. And I tried not to award one book more than one "best of" title. It's safe to assume my Best Books Read in 2015 win all the awards.

Number of Books I Read: 92. And a half. (one I started in December, but haven't finished yet). I count graphic novel series as 1 book, for these kinds of things.


Number of Re-Reads: 0. I have way too many on the TBR pile!


Genre I Read The Most From: 
Young Adult Fantasy

I was actually pleasantly surprised at the broader range of genres I read this year, given YA Fantasy was 14, Historical Fiction was 12, Non-Fiction was 10 and Mystery was 10.

Best Book I Read in 2015?


Book I Was Excited About & Thought I Was Going to Love but Didn’t


Most Surprising Book I Read 



Book I “Pushed” The Most People To Read

Best Series I Started in 2015


Best Sequel I Read in 2015



Best Series Ender I Read in 2015


Favorite New Author I Discovered in 2015

Best Book From a Genre I Don’t Typically Read


Most Unputdownable Book of the Year

Book I Read in 2015 That I am Most Likely to Re-Read Next Year

None- I have too many books on my TBR pile!


Favorite Cover of a Book I Read in 2015

(this photo doesn't do the cover justice- it's soft and shimmery and practically glows)

Most Memorable Character of 2015

Most Beautifully Written Book Read in 2015


Most Thought-Provoking Book of 2015


Book I Can’t Believe I Waited Until 2015 to Finally Read 

Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book I Read in 2015 

“A daughter,' Rowley scooped up the child and held her high. The baby blinked from sleep and crowed with him. 'Any fool can have a son,' he said. 'It takes a man to conceive a daughter.” 
― Ariana FranklinThe Serpent's Tale



Shortest Book I Read In 2015

(24 pages) 


Longest Book I Read In 2015

(736 pages)


Book That Shocked Me The Most


OTP OF THE YEAR (I will go down with this ship!)
(Just as it played out in the book)

Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship of The Year
(Rob & Cassie!)

Favorite Book Read in 2015 From an Author I’ve Read Previously

Best Book I Read in 2015 That I Read Based SOLELY on a Recommendation from Somebody Else
(Thanks, Misty!)

Newest Fictional Crush from a Book I Read in 2015
(Team Étienne St. Clair!)

Best 2015 Debut I Read

Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting I Read This Year

Book That Was the Most Fun to Read

Book That Made Me Cry (Most) in 2015

Hidden Gem of The Year

Book That Crushed My Soul

Most Unique Book I Read in 2015

Book That Made Me The Most Mad 
(doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it- but in this case, I HATED it)
New Favorite Book Blog I Discovered in 2015


Favorite Review I Wrote in 2015
(Because I got to talk sex, reality, and self, and because my review inspired others to read this book.)

Best Non-Review Post I Had on My Blog
(247 of you read this post. And I love every single one of you geeks! Not sure why part 3 got more love than parts 1 and 2, but I had a lot of fun sharing our vacation with you.)


Best Event(s) That I Participated In
&

Best Moment of Bookish/Blogging Life in 2015
Page à Vu
Starting this amazing bookish blog with Angie & Kenzie! I'm learning so much about Wordpress and book blogging, and can now say I'm officially a book blogger, not just a blogger who reviews books ever week. 
Take THAT snobby book blogger bitches who rejected me earlier this year because Printcess wasn't "bookish enough"!


Most Challenging Thing About Blogging Life This Year
Feeling like I can't be authentically myself on my blog, because employers (and potential employers) can easily find it. Reading other people's deep confessions, and spending an entire year with a blogging gag when it comes to the biggest frustration of my life in 2015, was extremely difficult for me.


Most Popular Post This Year on My Blog 
(297 of you read this post.)

Post I Wish Got a Little More Love
With only 33 views and 0 comments, this is apparently the least-engaged post I made this year. I totally understand why- that's some craptastic lighting. I think I need to re-create that EotW with my improved lighting setup, and share it again. ;)


Best Bookish Discovery
(Repcaptains!)


Reading Challenges or Goals That I Completed

(2 rounds)
 (35 audiobooks)
(3 rounds)


One Book I Didn’t Get To in 2015 But Will Be My #1 Priority in 2016



Book I Am Most Anticipating for 2016 (non-debut)



2016 Debut I Am Most Anticipating



Series Ending or Sequel I Am Most Anticipating in 2016



One Thing I Hope To Accomplish in My Reading/Blogging Life in 2016

I'm hoping to use my new Kindle Fire to borrow/buy digital copies of the physical books I already own, to free up shelf space and make it easier to carry books with me wherever I go.



A 2016 Release I’ve Already Read & Recommend to Everyone People Who Like Mystery-Filled Science Fiction That's Very Atmospheric



Many thanks to Jamie for creating this fun survey!

Labels: , , ,